Paluzzi also points to the psychological dimension of the pharmaceutical industries influence to produce doubt in the minds of consumers about their own health. Singer and Baer conclude by suggesting that, despite the continued failure of regulatory agencies and the increased frequency of corporations putting consumers in hazardous situations, a mobilization effort on the part of consumers is emerging.
Consumer mobilization against harmful corporate practices is becoming an effective way to leverage corporations to re-examine dangerous practices.
Under the banner of critical anthropological, Singer and Baer call for more consumer advocacy and less deregulation of industry, as well as a balance between regulatory agencies and industries. They point out that some industries may have too much oversight, that is, monitored by several agencies, which obscures jurisdiction. Finally, Singer and Baer call for stiffer penalties when the public is put at risk. Ultimately, the challenge that Singer and Baer make to their readers — and indeed a challenge all the authors in the volume make — is to be aware and to act.
Your email address will not be published. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Notify me of new posts by email. AMA citation: Hill M. Accessed September 22, Hill, Mark.
Accessed 22 Sep. Leave a Reply Cancel reply Your email address will not be published.
- Killer commodities : public health and the corporate production of harm.
- Killer Commodities : Merrill Singer : .
- Member Book Publications.
- Killer Commodities Public Health And The Corporate Production Of Harm.
- Linux+ Guide to Linux Certification, 2nd Edition.
- From the Family Kitchen: Discover Your Food Heritage and Preserve Favorite Recipes.
- Killer commodities on Apple Books.
Request this item to view in the Library's reading rooms using your library card. To learn more about how to request items watch this short online video. You can view this on the NLA website. Login Register.
Advanced search Search history. Browse titles authors subjects uniform titles series callnumbers dewey numbers starting from optional. See what's been added to the collection in the current 1 2 3 4 5 6 weeks months years.
Alexa Dietrich | Newsroom
Your reader barcode: Your last name:. Cite this Email this Add to favourites Print this page.
- Handbook of Microbiological Quality Control in Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices!
- High-Society Seduction (Harlequin Desire).
- Alexa Dietrich!
- Killer commodities : public health and the corporate production of harm!
- Production of Commodities by Means of Commodities : Prelude to a Critique of Economic Theory.
- Introducing Genetics: A Graphic Guide.
- Superpower Struggles: Mighty America, Faltering Europe, Rising Asia.
You must be logged in to Tag Records. Erickson and Ann M. Cheney more In the Library Request this item to view in the Library's reading rooms using your library card. Details Collect From N Order a copy Copyright or permission restrictions may apply.
We will contact you if necessary. To learn more about Copies Direct watch this short online video.
Need help? How do I find a book? Can I borrow this item?