Buy Orgelwerke 4; Bach, Johann Sebastian () sheetmusic in our webshop | Boeijenga Music
Sign In. Advanced Search. Article Navigation. Close mobile search navigation Article Navigation.
Volume Bach's th birthday Kimberly Marshall. Oxford Academic.
- Scrum and XP from theTrenches. How we do Scrum;
- The Strategic Application of Information Technology in Health Care Organizations (Jossey-Bass Health Series)?
- Torsion Theories.
- Michal: A Novel (The Wives of King David, Book 1).
- The Fashion Designers Textile Directory: A Guide to Fabrics Properties, Characteristics, and Garment-Design Potential.
Google Scholar. Cite Citation.
Bach: Complete Works For Organ Vol 14 / André Isoir
Permissions Icon Permissions. Early Music , Vol. Published by Oxford University Press. All rights reserved. Issue Section:.
- Bach - Clavierubung III, Vol 2.
- Artificial Intelligence Applications and Innovations: AIAI 2014 Workshops: CoPA, MHDW, IIVC, and MT4BD, Rhodes, Greece, September 19-21, 2014. Proceedings.
- Polymerid Tribolites from the Cambrian of Northwestern Hunan, China, Two-Volume Set.
- The Mycota VIII - Biology of the Fungal Cell;
- Terahertz Sensing Technology: Emerging Scientific Applications & Novel Device Concepts (Selected Topics in Electronics and Systems, Vol. 32).
You do not currently have access to this article. Download all figures. Sign in.
You could not be signed in. Sign In Forgot password? Don't have an account? As is common with the composer, in the first movement of the cantata — Sinfonia - Bach based the musical material on that of another work, his Partita no. It is interesting that given that Bach had a very intimate relationship with the organ, the orchestration in the Sinfonia , in which the instrument is a soloist rather than accompanist, is very rare in his output, if note unique.
He appears regularly as a soloist and as a member of well-known Portuguese ensembles, throughout the country and in France, Italy, England and Spain. As a church typical of those belonging to Jesuit colleges, with a broad nave and quite a gentle acoustic, the organ had to be specially conceived, especially with regard to the measurements of the pipes.
The Organ of St Bavo, Haarlem
Thus all the pipework of the instrument has been specifically tailored to produce a full sound, and each stop produces a timbre with an individual personality, forming part of a harmonic ensemble based more on the sound of fundamentals and less on harmonics. Another aspect to be taken into consideration was the need to complement the current range of organs available locally: the new organ responds in an ideal fashion to the performance of works of periods and of technical and artistic requirements that none of the 24 historic instruments of Madeira cater adequately for.
In the decision to build it for this church, not only were the issues of acoustic, aesthetic and liturgical space taken into account, but also the presence there of an important historic instrument which is currently on the list of instruments undergoing restoration. It was ordered to be built for Funchal Cathedral, and placed in a gallery on the Gospel side, under the second lateral arch.
Works on This Recording
It later underwent some work, and was adapted to the style of the time. Though analysis of the extant documentation is inconclusive, it would seem to have been done during the second half of the 19th century. This work was intended above all to increase the size of the instrument including the case , as well as to move it to another gallery on the left side, closer to the high choir.